Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the book by John Grisham called Skipping Christmas. It was made into a movie called Christmas with the Kranks. The Caramel Cream Pie was what Nora was running around trying to get ingrediants for in time.
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- Place the cans of sweetened condensed milk (labels off, unopened) in a large pot; bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 3 hours, making sure the water stays above the cans. Let cool 1 hour. CAREFULLY open the cans and scoop contents into large bowl. Fold in the marshmallow cream. Pour into pie shell. Chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Serve topped with whipped topping. When cooked that long, the sweetened condensed milk turns into caramel.