Recipe by RepoGuysWife
It had such a cute name I had to save it. Putting it on Zaar in time for the holidays so I might remember it this year. I think it could be served as breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner. Cooking time includes 10 minutes standing time.
- 10 -16 slices bread, with crusts cut off
- 20 -30 slices ham
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper (optional)
- sliced tomatoes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In buttered 9 x 13 glass pan, place 8 slices of bread.
- Cover bread with ham/bacon, cheese and tomatoes (if using), lay rest of.
- bread on top, like a sandwich.
- Mix eggs, spices, milk, Worcestershire, Tabasco and onion and green pepper (if using).
- Pour over sandwiches.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning melt butter and add Corn Flakes.
- Sprinkle on top of sandwiches.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.