1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
It had such a cute name I had to save it. Putting it on Zaar in time for the holidays so I might remember it this year. I think it could be served as breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner. Cooking time includes 10 minutes standing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -16 slices bread, with crusts cut off
- 20 -30 slices ham
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper (optional)
- sliced tomato (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1In buttered 9 x 13 glass pan, place 8 slices of bread.
- 2Cover bread with ham/bacon, cheese and tomatoes (if using), lay rest of.
- 3bread on top, like a sandwich.
- 4Mix eggs, spices, milk, Worcestershire, Tabasco and onion and green pepper (if using).
- 5Pour over sandwiches.
- 6Cover and refrigerate over night.
- 7In the morning melt butter and add Corn Flakes.
- 8Sprinkle on top of sandwiches.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- 10Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Wife Saver Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.1
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 216.3 mg
- Sodium 736.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: