Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This is a recipe my mother made and passed down to me. I have passed it down to my daughters. It is a traditional holiday punch for Christmas parties. Enjoy! You stud the oranges with the whole cloves -- you can make decorative designs, if you want.
Top Review by Karan G.
Thanks for posting this Mom...this is absolutely the best Wassail ever!!! You can split some off before adding the brandy to share a merry christmas toasting with children... absolutely heavenly! And the SMELL .... YUMMMMMY!
- 1 gallon cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 oranges
- whole cloves (for studding oranges)
- 3 cups brandy (more or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stud the oranges with the whole cloves and bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- On top of the stove, heat the cider and cinnamon sticks until almost boiling.
- Pour the hot cider into a large punch bowl. Add the studded oranges. Add the brandy to taste -- the more the merrier!
- To replenish wassail, just add more heated cider and more brandy. The longer the oranges sit in the punch, the more orange flavor there is to it.