Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
from AllRecipes.com by John J Pacheco. Preparation time does not include cooling time.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped, divided
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9 inch square baking dishand set aside.
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup and water until smooth.
- Heat to 290°F (145°C) using a candy thermometer.
- Stir in 1 cup walnuts and cook 3 more minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour into prepared pan and allow to cool.
- Remove from pan and place on waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler or in the microwave stirring frequently until smooth.
- Spread half of the melted chocolate onto one side of the toffee slab and sprinkle with half the remaining nuts.
- Allow to cool until set, then repeat with the other side.
- Break into bite size pieces when set.