Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and so yummy! Looks like more work than it really is. This is a favorite of our family for the holidays and looks so nice on a tray with other Christmas cookies. The number of servings will depend on how thick you slice them. Enjoy!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (1/2 of a 17oz package)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no sub)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Thaw dough according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, use a floured rolling pin to roll pastry out to an 8x12 inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt butter; add raisins and walnuts, stirring until well coated.
- Spread raisin mixture evenly over pastry.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over raisin mixture.
- Beginning at one long edge, roll up pastry.
- Brush egg yolk on long edge to seal.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet or parchment paper for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 1 inch thick slices.
It's a tasty combo! I used the qty's as a guide only as I only had ready rolled pastry sheets on hand. I think it would be better to let the butter mixture cool before spreading on pastry. Thanks for sharing Ugogirl!