Recipe by Chabear01
This is another Country Cooking Prize Winning Salad. Not only is it delicious, but the best part is it can be made a day ahead, and allowed to marinate overnight. I like to use this one for dinner parties for that very reason, not just for Christmas.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups cauliflower, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine lemon juice, vinegar, oil, salt, sugar and pepper; shake well to combine ingredients.
- Combine cauliflower, olives and peppers in a salad bowl; pour dressing over.
- Marinate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.