Recipe by MarieRynr
Surprisingly simple to make, these caramel, chocolate and pecan candies are also an excellent party favor. Why buy them when you can make them at home yourself and they taste oh so much better!
Top Review by wingedone
I made these for my parents this Christmas and they were a HUGE hit! They were really easy to make, I think that these will be the new holiday traditional dessert. Thanks for sharing ^.^
- 2 cups pecan halves (about)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened) or 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter 2 large nonstick cookie sheets.
- On prepared sheets, arrange pecan halves in clusters resembling turtles.
- Combine cream, sugar, corn syrup, milk and butter in heavy medium saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Clip candy thermometer onto side of pan.
- Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until mixture turns golden, bubbles thickly and thermometer registers 234*f, swirling pan occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Immediately drop 1 TBS onto center of each pecan cluster.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water until melted.
- Drizzle 1 TBS chocolate over each candy.
- Chill until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
- Can be made 1 week ahead.
- Cover and keep refrigerated.