Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
OHHH this was so good and Christmasy colors were wonderful. The eggnog was very tasty in there. A fuss free dessert that looks time consuming.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 medium bananas, firm and sliced
- 1 -10 ounce red maraschino cherry
- 1 -6 ounce green maraschino cherry
- 3 1⁄2 cups eggnog, chilled
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 -8 inch prepared angel food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) cartonfrozen whipped cream, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Dip bananas in juice, drain and discard juice. Set aside pineapple, bananas, three red cherries and three green cherries. In a bowl, whisk the eggnog and pudding mixed for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place half of the pudding in a 4 quart serving or trifle bowl, layer with half of the bananas, pineapple, cherries, cake cubes and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with walnuts and reserved cherries.
- Serves 16-20.
- Note: This recipe was made with commercially prepared eggnog.
My husband made this for our church potluck. This was such a great dessert for this time of year. We did double the recipe for such a large gathering. We will be making this again for sure. Thanks so much for posting!
This was very easy to make and definately a crowd pleaser at a work potlock. I could not find any green maraschino cherries, so I crushed up some green candy canes and that worked well.