Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very easy and pretty bread that you'll be happy to have on your holiday table. The recipe says 12 servings but if you have bread lovers you won't get that many!
- 1 lb frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup candied cherry
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out.
- Place red cherries and walnuts in center. Fold dough over.
- Knead fruit and walnuts into dough. Shape into 17 balls.
- On a prepared baking sheet, arrange five balls in a row horizontally.
- Place four on the next row, then three, two, and one, to form a tree.
- Use the remaining two balls for the trunk. Leave at least one inch between balls for rising.
- Let rise in a warm draft free place until doubled in size.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Meanwhile, to prepare glaze, combine sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until drizzling consistency. Drizzle over tree.