Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The perfect salad to serve at you holiday dinner table --- if desired place slices of red onion rings around the sides of the bowl --- the salad mixture may be mixed, covered tightly with plastic wrap hours ahead but do not toss in the apples until before serving or they tend to discolour, also do not add in the dressing until serving time, if you are serving more than 8 people double the recipe :)
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil (do not use olive oil) or 1 cup canola oil (do not use olive oil)
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, unpeeled and diced
- 1 medium granny smith apple, unpeeled and diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (or use grated parmesan cheese)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup slivered toasted almond (can use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing; in a blender or food processor combine the cranberries, sugar, vinegar, apple juice concentrate, salt and mustard; cover and process until smooth.
- Slowly add in the oil in a small steady stream (at this point you may refrigerate until ready to use, shake before using).
- For the salad; place all salad ingredients in a large gladd bowl; toss to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over before serving.