1/1 Photo of Christmas Tossed Salad
The perfect salad to serve at you holiday dinner table --- if desired place slices of red onion rings around the sides of the bowl --- the salad mixture may be mixed, covered tightly with plastic wrap hours ahead but do not toss in the apples until before serving or they tend to discolour, also do not add in the dressing until serving time, if you are serving more than 8 people double the recipe :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil (do not use olive oil) or 1 cup canola oil (do not use olive oil)
- 1For the dressing; in a blender or food processor combine the cranberries, sugar, vinegar, apple juice concentrate, salt and mustard; cover and process until smooth.
- 2Slowly add in the oil in a small steady stream (at this point you may refrigerate until ready to use, shake before using).
- 3For the salad; place all salad ingredients in a large gladd bowl; toss to combine.
- 4Drizzle the dressing over before serving.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Tossed Salad
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.2
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 431.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens