1/2 Photos of Christmas Sugar Cookies--Or Anytime
Mimi in Maine's Note:
I had made sugar cookies for more years than I want to count and never changed the recipe. But then one day, a lady at our church made this recipe for the kids at the Christmas program. My husband tasted them and told me to get the recipe. I rebelled at changing, but to please him, I tried them. Now, these are all I ever make. They are wonderful. I do use Crisco (shame on me because of the type of fat.) The lady said she had tried, and I did too, butter, and also half butter and half Crisco, but they didn't come out the same, but with the Crisco they are yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the shortening, sugar, vanilla, and eggs till light and fluffy.
- 2Add the rest of the ingredients.
- 3Chill 3-4 hours or overnight (I do mine overnight).
- 4On a well-floured surface, roll thin.
- 5Cut in shapes.
- 6Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 7Sprinkle sugar on top of them.
- 8Bake 350-375 degrees (depending on oven) for 6-8 minutes depending on your thickness.
- 9Cool on a rack.
- 10You may also decorate them with and icing; there are a couple of good ones on Zaar.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Sugar Cookies--Or Anytime
Serving Size: 1 (1114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.9
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 476.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 8.0 g