Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the dough needs to chill for 2 hours
Top Review by Charlotte J
As Sam, I also found these sticky. The mace added to these cookies are great, I don't know if I ever had that spice in a sugar cookie before. The sour cream does keep these cookies moist. Might need to play around with the flour amounts next time maybe 4 cups would help with the sticky dough. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders 2006
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- white candy coating, for drizzling on cookies
- green food coloring
- red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg, sour cream, honey and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture (if the dough is too sticky add in a little more flour, add in just enough to hold together).
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or 24 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut with 3-inch cookie cutters dipped in flour.
- Place 1-in apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks and cool.
- Melt candy coating; stir in food colouring.
- Drizzle over cookies.