Plan ahead the dough needs to chill for 2 hours
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/2-4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- white candy coating, for drizzling on cookies
- green food coloring
- red food coloring
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2Beat in the egg, sour cream, honey and vanilla.
- 3Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture (if the dough is too sticky add in a little more flour, add in just enough to hold together).
- 4Cover and chill for 2 hours or 24 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- 5On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- 6Cut with 3-inch cookie cutters dipped in flour.
- 7Place 1-in apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 9Remove to wire racks and cool.
- 10Melt candy coating; stir in food colouring.
- 11Drizzle over cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.5
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 41.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g