Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy Christmas Sugar Biscuits! No there not really biscuits but fat fluffy cookies! Real simple and quick.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup Crisco shortening (can use 1 stick of Crisco)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (real stuff)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1⁄2 cups white flour
- In separate bowls:.
- Cream sugar, shortening and egg.
- Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add salt to flour.
- Mix alternately (in the shortening) the buttermilk mixture and the flour mixture.
- Scoop and drop onto cookie sheet then sprinkle with sugar on top of cookie or try it with cinnamon and sugar for a different twist.
- Bake 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.