1/2 Photos of Christmas Spritz Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- green food coloring (optional)
- red glazed cherries (optional)
- green glazed cherries (optional)
- decorative candies (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Place flour and salt in medium bowl; stir to combine.
- 3Beat powdered sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in egg, almond extract and vanilla.
- 5Gradually add flour mixture--mix until well blended.
- 6Divide dough in half.
- 7If desired, tint half of dough with green food coloring.
- 8Fit cookie press with desired plate (or change plates for different shapes after first batch).
- 9Fill press with dough; press dough 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 10Decorate cookies with cherries and assorted candies, if desired.
- 11Bake 10-12 minutes or until just set.
- 12Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- 13Prepare Icing, if desired.
- 14Pipe or drizzle on cooled cookies.
- 15Decorate with cherries and assorted candies, if desired.
- 16Store tightly covered at room temperature or freeze up to 3 months.
- 18Place all ingredients in medium bowl; stir until thick, but spreadable. (If icing is too thick, stir in 1 teaspoon additional milk).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Spritz Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.5
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 33.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g