Top Review by Kasha
Perfect-- It was August and the batter was very soft, so I used a tiny cookie scoop instead of the spritz press. Fast, easy, looks like they came from the bakery--2 tsp vanilla for me, no almond, no icing.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- green food coloring (optional)
- red glazed cherries (optional)
- green glazed cherries (optional)
- decorative candies (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (plus additional, if needed)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place flour and salt in medium bowl; stir to combine.
- Beat powdered sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, almond extract and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture--mix until well blended.
- Divide dough in half.
- If desired, tint half of dough with green food coloring.
- Fit cookie press with desired plate (or change plates for different shapes after first batch).
- Fill press with dough; press dough 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Decorate cookies with cherries and assorted candies, if desired.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until just set.
- Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- Prepare Icing, if desired.
- Pipe or drizzle on cooled cookies.
- Decorate with cherries and assorted candies, if desired.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature or freeze up to 3 months.
- Place all ingredients in medium bowl; stir until thick, but spreadable. (If icing is too thick, stir in 1 teaspoon additional milk).