Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I found a recipe book hidden in my room and wanted to save the recipes.
- 1 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 cup ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 (8 ounce) jar applesauce
- 10 -15 drops pure cinnamon oil or 10 -15 drops orange oil or 10 -15 drops lemon extract
- Mix first 3 ingredients, adding applesauce and drops of oil intermittently until the consistency of peanut butter cookie dough.
- Roll out on waxed paper until 1/4" thick. Cut out with holiday cookie cutters.
- Poke a hole on the top of each cut-out with a pencil.
- Lay out on wicker or other well ventilated surface. Keep there overnight.
- Thread a ribbon through the hole once dry.