2 hrs 20 mins
This may become a Christmas tradition at our house. It was a hit this year, warm, hearty, and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb red kidney beans, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed well
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces fresh kale, trimmed and torn into bitesize pieces (or spinach leaves)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon greshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat vegetable oil in large Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add kielbasa and brown well, about 15 minutes. Remove kielbasa from pot and set aside. Add garlic to reserved fat in pot and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent garlic from burning.
- 2Add beans and broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, for 1 hour.
- 3Add potatoes, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 4Add kale or spinach to pot, cover and cook for additional 10-15 minutes. Add red wine vinegar and pepper and stir to combine. Ladle into soup bowls and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Soup
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.4
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 1731.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 27.2 g