Recipe by froglet
A fun and easy christmas treat, a hit with kids and adults! I used "Giant buttons", "Rolo"s, "Matchmakers"
Top Review by ALICE C.
These were hard for our younger children to do, but it would be fun for older kids to do. The marshmallow was an issue for the younger and so was the hats. These did come out cute and sweet all in one. We changed it up a little for fun. Thanks for sharing.
- 24 small cupcakes
- 26 chocolate coins (or flat circles)
- 24 round chocolate pieces
- 250 g icing sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot water
- 24 marshmallows
- 12 chocolate sticks
- 40 g black icing
- 40 g green icing
- 40 g red icing
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 chocolate coins in the microwave or in in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, until liquified.
- Dip each cylindrical/round chocolate into the melted chocolate and 'glue' to the coins of chocolate, to look like tophats.
- Sieve icing sugar and add to soft butter and hot water.
- Mix slowly for 2 minutes, then fast, until light and creamy.
- Spread buttercream over each cupcake, leaving a little over to 'glue' the hats on later.
- Place a marshmallow in the middle of each cupcake.
- Snap each chocolate stick in half and place into the cupcake for arms.
- Pipe on a green scarf around the marshmallow.
- Pipe on black eyes and red or orange nose and buttons (If it doesn't stick very well, slightly dampen the side of the marshmallow with a wet finger).
- "Glue" on the tophat with remaining buttercream.