1/2 Photos of Christmas Snowball Cookies
Most people refer to these delicious cookies as Mexican Wedding Cakes. Since my children were young, we have always refered to them as Christmas Snowballs because they look just like snowballs covered in powdered sugar!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- 3Add to butter mixture, stir to mix, then beat until well blended.
- 4Stir in pecans.
- 5Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place about 1 inch apart on buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 6Bake in a 300° regular or convection oven until cookies are pale golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- 7If baking two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through baking.
- 8Let cookies stand on sheets until cool enough to handle.
- 9Place remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in a shallow bowl.
- 10Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar to coat all over; discard remaining sugar.
- 11Set cookies on racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Snowball Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (835 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 61.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g