Recipe by Bev
Most people refer to these delicious cookies as Mexican Wedding Cakes. Since my children were young, we have always refered to them as Christmas Snowballs because they look just like snowballs covered in powdered sugar!
- 1⁄2 lb butter, at room temperature,about
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans (about 4 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- Add to butter mixture, stir to mix, then beat until well blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place about 1 inch apart on buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- Bake in a 300° regular or convection oven until cookies are pale golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- If baking two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through baking.
- Let cookies stand on sheets until cool enough to handle.
- Place remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar to coat all over; discard remaining sugar.
- Set cookies on racks to cool completely.