Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "Pots & Pipkins," which is older than my daughter and from Virginia. A Christmas must have for this family...similar to a Mexican wedding cookie or a pecan sandy. We prefer the almonds (I have used both slivered and whole) to save the pecans for other Christmas desserts!
- Mix in order given.
- Roll into small balls, about 48, and place on lightly greased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake at 300 for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool.
- Cookies should not be brown but a very light tan.
- Roll in powdered sugar while still warm.
- Roll in powdered sugar again when cool.
- Store in an air tight container.
Followed recipe exactly. Came out very light, had many compliments.
Delicious! I made these cookies exactly according to the recipe and they are perfect. I plan to make several batches for xmas gifts :)