Though slated as a Christmas slice I think it could be served at any time of the year, from recipe+
Make and share this Christmas Slice recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml dried mixed fruit
- 410 g fruit, mince
- 125 g butter (chopped)
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 14.79 ml orange zest (grated)
- 59.14 ml orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 100 g chocolate chips (dark bits)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 236.59 ml plain flour
- 59.14 ml self-raising flour
- 236.59 ml brazil nut (coarsely chopped)
- Place dried fruit, fruit mince, butter, sugar, orange zest and juice in a large saucepan and over low heat stir until sugar dissolves and butter melts and then remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced.
- Lightly grease a 30x20cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper, extending paper at long sides for handles.
- Stir chocolate and egg into fruit mixture.
- Sift flours over mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and the spread mixture into prepared pan and then top with nuts and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre combes out clean.
- Cool in pan and cut into pieces to serve.