Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from "The Frugal Gourmet Celebrates Christmas". I haven't made this one but it sounds good and beautiful! A quote: "This not only looks like Christmas but it tastes like Christmas! Do not overcook the peppers."
- 4 medium red bell peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 4 medium green bell peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced (minced?)
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 4.92 ml dried oregano (not powder)
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary (not powder)
- 78.07 ml dry red wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in large frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Saute a few minutes until the onion begins to collapse.
- Add the bell peppers, oregano, and rosemary, and saute 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and continue cooking until the peppers are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and parsley and toss together.
Fabulous way to make peppers - I also have the Frugal Goourmet's Cookbook and have made this a couple of times. I really enjoyed these - they went great on the side with Mikekey's Fiery Pork Loin and Redneck Epicurean's 440 Main's Jambalaya as nice garnish!! Yummy - thanks for posting!
Very Very pretty! I did cut the oil in half as suggested by one of the reviewers and I used fresh herbs. I will be making this one again. Great Veggie Dish!