1/3 Photos of Christmas Sauteed Bell Peppers
This is from "The Frugal Gourmet Celebrates Christmas". I haven't made this one but it sounds good and beautiful! A quote: "This not only looks like Christmas but it tastes like Christmas! Do not overcook the peppers."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium red bell peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 4 medium green bell peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced (minced?)
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (not powder)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (not powder)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Heat oil in large frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Saute a few minutes until the onion begins to collapse.
- 2Add the bell peppers, oregano, and rosemary, and saute 5 minutes.
- 3Add the wine and continue cooking until the peppers are tender.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste and parsley and toss together.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Sauteed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.2
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 1.8 g