Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This appetizer can be used any time of year, but the parsley makes it especially attractive at Christmas.
- 15 ounces red salmon (1 can)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onions, grated
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Drain salmon, flake with a fork.
- Add cream cheese, lemon juice, onion, and horseradish.
- Mix well and chill several hours.
- Shape into a log.
- Combine pecans and parsley and mix well.
- Roll log in pecan mixture and chill several hours.
- Serve with crackers.
I loved this salmon log - so many recipes are more "cream cheesey" than this - we could really taste the salmon with this recipe. It makes a lot and I was able to divide it into two smaller logs.
Low Carb, Low fat, delicious. What more could a person ask for in a recipe? Thank you for posting.
I make this all the time - I love it. I'm a fresh salmon eater so I usually purchase a couple extra filets when I know I'm making this dip. I find it makes a huge difference using fresh salmon versus canned.