Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is a recipe from long ago, I believe from my grandmothers recipe box. I have not made this, but my mom says she remembers it being quite tasty. Just be sure to allow for overnight chilling.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups marshmallows
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 cup celery, cut fine
- 1 cup grated longhorn cheese
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- Mix lime jello with hot water; add marshmallows and let cool.
- Add celery, salad dressing, nuts, cheese, and Cool Whip.
- Pour into 9 x 13 pan.
- Let stand in refrigerator overnight.
- In morning, mix cherry jello, according to directions; add crushed pineapple; cool, and pour over top of lime mixture.
- Refrigerate until set.