Recipe by sidMILB
This is from http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking. I'm only posting it for efficient grocery list functionality; not to take any credit. And her site is GREAT. Be sure to check it out. Wonderful writing, and beautiful step-by-step photography. I'm sure this cake will be scrumptious; I'm trying it tonight!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix, box
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum or 1⁄2 cup light rum, is fine
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- brown sugar (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and flour Bundt cake pan.
- Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
- If desired, sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar over the nuts.
- Mix all cake ingredients together.
- Pour batter over nuts.
- Smooth out ’til the top is even.
- Bake 1 hour, or a little less if the pan is black. Do not overbake!
- While cake has ten minutes to go, make the glaze.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in water and sugar.
- Boil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off flame and pour in rum.
- Stir to combine and reheat for 30 seconds.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Immediately drizzle 1/3 of the glaze on the bottom (top) of the cake.
- Allow to sit for five minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a serving plate.
- Prick surface a hundred times with a fork (gently, please.)
- Slowly drizzle remaining rum glaze all over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Cool to room temperature before serving to ensure glaze has soaked inches.