This is from http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking. I'm only posting it for efficient grocery list functionality; not to take any credit. And her site is GREAT. Be sure to check it out. Wonderful writing, and beautiful step-by-step photography. I'm sure this cake will be scrumptious; I'm trying it tonight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Grease and flour Bundt cake pan.
- 3Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
- 4If desired, sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar over the nuts.
- 5Mix all cake ingredients together.
- 6Pour batter over nuts.
- 7Smooth out ’til the top is even.
- 8Bake 1 hour, or a little less if the pan is black. Do not overbake!
- 9While cake has ten minutes to go, make the glaze.
- 10Melt butter in saucepan.
- 11Stir in water and sugar.
- 12Boil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 13Turn off flame and pour in rum.
- 14Stir to combine and reheat for 30 seconds.
- 15Remove cake from oven.
- 16Immediately drizzle 1/3 of the glaze on the bottom (top) of the cake.
- 17Allow to sit for five minutes.
- 18Invert the cake onto a serving plate.
- 19Prick surface a hundred times with a fork (gently, please.)
- 20Slowly drizzle remaining rum glaze all over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- 21Cool to room temperature before serving to ensure glaze has soaked inches.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1941 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7564.5
- Calories from Fat 3646
- Total Fat 405.1 g
- Saturated Fat 117.3 g
- Cholesterol 1222.2 mg
- Sodium 5843.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 794.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.0 g
- Sugars 605.7 g
- Protein 59.0 g