2 hrs 2 mins
Entered for ZWT, from Nigella Lawson's "Feast" and "Nigella's Christmas Kitchen". Is there ever a bad time for chocolate?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (250g)
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, chopped (150g)
- 6 ounces butter, softened plus extra for greasing (175g)
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 7 ounces amaretti (200g)
- 5 ounces shelled brazil nuts (150g)
- 5 ounces red glace cherries (150g)
- 4 ounces mini marshmallows (125g)
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (125g) or 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (125g)
- edible glitter, to decorate (optional)
- 1Place the dark and milk chocolate pieces into a heavy-based pan. Add the butter and golden syrup and cook over a low heat to melt and combine.
- 2Place the amaretti biscuits into a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin to make crumbs of various sizes.
- 3Place the Brazil nuts into another freezer bag and bash in the same way.
- 4Take the pan of melted chocolate mixture off the heat and add the crushed biscuits and nuts.
- 5Add the glacé cherries and mini marshmallows. Fold the mixture carefully to coat all of the solid ingredients with the syrupy chocolate mixture.
- 6Pour the mixture into a 25cm/10in x 30cm/12in greased and lined baking tray (Swiss roll pan) and smooth the surface as much as possible (although it will look bumpy).
- 7Refrigerate for two hours, or until firm enough to cut. Dust with icing sugar, then sprinkle with edible glitter if you wish.
- 8Remove the block of rocky road from the tray and cut into 24 rectangles.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Rocky Road - Nigella Lawson
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.0
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 67.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: