Prep 2 hrs
Cook 2 mins
Entered for ZWT, from Nigella Lawson's "Feast" and "Nigella's Christmas Kitchen". Is there ever a bad time for chocolate?
- 9 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (250g)
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, chopped (150g)
- 6 ounces butter, softened plus extra for greasing (175g)
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 7 ounces amaretti (200g)
- 5 ounces shelled brazil nuts (150g)
- 5 ounces red glace cherries (150g)
- 4 ounces mini marshmallows (125g)
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (125g) or 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (125g)
- edible glitter, to decorate (optional)
- Place the dark and milk chocolate pieces into a heavy-based pan. Add the butter and golden syrup and cook over a low heat to melt and combine.
- Place the amaretti biscuits into a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin to make crumbs of various sizes.
- Place the Brazil nuts into another freezer bag and bash in the same way.
- Take the pan of melted chocolate mixture off the heat and add the crushed biscuits and nuts.
- Add the glacé cherries and mini marshmallows. Fold the mixture carefully to coat all of the solid ingredients with the syrupy chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 25cm/10in x 30cm/12in greased and lined baking tray (Swiss roll pan) and smooth the surface as much as possible (although it will look bumpy).
- Refrigerate for two hours, or until firm enough to cut. Dust with icing sugar, then sprinkle with edible glitter if you wish.
- Remove the block of rocky road from the tray and cut into 24 rectangles.