Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
easy cookie, filled with fruit and nuts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon hot tap water
- 2 cups pitted dates, cut into thirds
- 2 cups candied cherries, halved
- 2 cups diced candied pineapple
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1 cup blanched almond
- 1 cup brazil nut, cut in thirds
- Cream butter, shortening, brown sugar and vanilla all together.
- Add beaten eggs, until fluffy.
- Sift two cups flour with the salt and spices.
- Dissolve the baking soda in hot water.
- Add soda to creamed mixture alternately with the dry ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Toss the fruit with the last 1/2 cup of remaining flour.
- Work this into the dough by hand.
- Drop from a teaspoon 1 inch apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 325 degrees F.
- for ABOUT 15 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack.