Recipe by rusted_essence
My soon to be in-laws have been vegetarian for longer than my boyfriend has been alive. They eat morning star for meat. I will admit that is good stuff, well sometimes, but not the real deal. I was given a huge roast this past Christmas and told to cook it. I was severed from the land of high speed internet, so I winged it and the results were to die for. The meat was tender and the veggies perfect, and the sauce left behind was great to put over the meat and well everything else in my opinion.
Top Review by Jody Thompson
*there must be a mistake in this recipe. I cut the amount of balsamic vinegar in HALF, from two cups to one cup. Even so, I should have known better! It totally ruined the vegetables and made the meat taste funny as well. Should it be two Tablespoons????
- 4 -6 lbs roast (boneless)
- 1 head garlic
- sea salt
- black pepper (for the rub)
- 1 large onion
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place an oven bag inside of a dutch oven.
- Place roast in bag.
- Rub minced garlic on all sides.
- Rub sage, thyme, rosemary, a little oregano, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper all over the roast to your taste.
- Chop veggies and add to bag.
- Pour in wine and balsamic vinegar.
- Tie off bag.
- Put in oven on 350°F for 2 1/2 hours or until browned and done.