Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
"...fresh-tasting and festive-looking. It's the perfect light side dish for a big holiday meal." Found in the Dec/Jan 1999 issue of TOH. Submitted by Chere Bell.
- Chop, onion, celery, and peppers.
- Saute in butter over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and quickly stir in the rice, seasonings, and sauteed vegetables.
- Cover and let stand for 7 minutes.
- Fluff before serving.