Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
"...fresh-tasting and festive-looking. It's the perfect light side dish for a big holiday meal." Found in the Dec/Jan 1999 issue of TOH. Submitted by Chere Bell.
- 1 small onion
- 3 celery ribs
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Chop, onion, celery, and peppers.
- Saute in butter over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and quickly stir in the rice, seasonings, and sauteed vegetables.
- Cover and let stand for 7 minutes.
- Fluff before serving.