Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something different for the holiday season. This looks really interesting! From Church suppers.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups diced fennel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jalapenos or 1⁄2 teaspoon green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
- court bouillon or white wine or beer, for poaching
- Cook cranberries in the water until the berries pop and the mixture thickens.
- Set aside to cool.
- Dice the fennel, removing the outer layers first.
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries, fennel, allspice, wine, onion, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Poach the salmon fillets in a basic court bouillon, white wine or beer, allowing 8 minutes for each inch of thickness.
- To serve, place the cranberry relish on individual plates, top with a salmon fillet, and circle with accompanying vegetables of your choice.