Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this recipe in the Atlanta Journal Constitution several years ago. Being that I love punch bowl cake, I thought why not to try this one! I made this last Christmas and everyone loved it. It also red and green colors for Christmas!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (21 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup red maraschino cherry, for garnish
- 1 cup green maraschino cherry, for garnish
- 1 cup pecan halves or 1 cup walnut halves, for garnish
- Make cake according to package directions.
- Cool completely.
- Crumble cake.
- Place half of crumbled cake in a large punch bowl.
- Prepare pistachio pudding according to package directions.
- Pour half of prepared pistachio pudding over cake, spreading evely over cake.
- Spoon half of undrained pineapple over pistachio pudding.
- Poke holes in cake to allow pineapple juice to seep through.
- Pour half of the strawberry pie filling over the pineapple mixture.
- Spread half of the nondairy whipped topping over the strawberry pie filling.
- Begin another layer by adding the remaining cake, pudding, pineapple, pie filling and finally ending with the nondairy whipped topping.
- Garnish with the maraschino cherries and walnut halves, in an alternating pattern.
- Refrigerate until you serve it to your guests.