Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe came with my pudding basin (Baker's Secret brand). I haven't made it yet-posting for safe keeping.Serves 8-12.Pudding basin is 8 cups/2 litres. Measurements are Australian measuring cups -1 cup = 250 mls. 1 tablespoon = 4 teaspoons. Pudding can be made gluten-free using a gluten-free flour blend and gluten-free breadcrumbs
Ingredients for pudding
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup firmly packed stale white breadcrumb
- 125 g caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 125 g butter or 125 g margarine
- 600 g mixed dried fruit
- 100 g diced dried apricots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecan nuts
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- Sift the flour into a medium sized bowl. Add all remaining pudding ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Cut a small piece of kitchen paper to fit the base of the pudding basin. Grease the pudding basin with butter. Place the baking paper in the base. Grease the baking paper.
- Spoon the pudding mixture into the greased pudding basin. Cover securely with the lid.
- (If using a non-lidded basin-top with another piece of baking paper and two layers of aluminium foil. Tie securely with string).
- Place the pudding into a large saucepan or stockpot. Fill the saucepan with water to come 1/2 way up the sides of the pudding basin. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to the boil.