3 hrs 30 mins
A recipe from Dr Sue Shepherd's cookbook "The Gluten-free Kitchen". Just lover her recipes. SUe Shepherd is an Advanced Accredited Practicing Dietician who herslef has Coeliac/Celiac Disease. She is recognised and works with the Australian Coeliac Society. I think you could swap a bean flour with the soy flour if you need to Preparation time does not include overnight maceration of the dried fruits
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sultana
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 cup glace cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 65 g fine rice flour
- 35 g cornstarch
- 20 g debittered soy flour or 20 g bean flour
- 60 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice or 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1Grease and line a 1 litre pudding basin with baking paper.
- 2Add the dried fruits and brandy to a large mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Add the three flours to a mixing bowl and mix with a whisk to ensure they are well combined. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the soaked fruits, sugar, breadcrumbs and spice. Mix well to combine.
- 4In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs and milk. Add to the fruit mixture and mix to combine.
- 5Pour the mixture into the pudding basin. Place the pudding basin in a large stockpot. Pour in enough water to the pot to come 3/4 of the way up the side of the pudding basin.
- 6Bring the water to the boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook the pudding for 2 to 3 hours. Check the water regularly to ensure it does not run dry.
- 7If making ahead, the pudding may be resteamed for 1 hour on the day of serving. I've generally found also that a cook ahead pudding can be sliced and individual serves warmed in the microwave.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Pudding- Gluten-Free
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 73.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: