3 hrs 30 mins
A recipe from Dr Sue Shepherd's cookbook "The Gluten-free Kitchen". Just lover her recipes. SUe Shepherd is an Advanced Accredited Practicing Dietician who herslef has Coeliac/Celiac Disease. She is recognised and works with the Australian Coeliac Society. I think you could swap a bean flour with the soy flour if you need to Preparation time does not include overnight maceration of the dried fruits
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sultana
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 cup glace cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 65 g fine rice flour
- 35 g cornstarch
- 20 g debittered soy flour or 20 g bean flour
- 60 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice or 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1Grease and line a 1 litre pudding basin with baking paper.
- 2Add the dried fruits and brandy to a large mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Add the three flours to a mixing bowl and mix with a whisk to ensure they are well combined. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the soaked fruits, sugar, breadcrumbs and spice. Mix well to combine.
- 4In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs and milk. Add to the fruit mixture and mix to combine.
- 5Pour the mixture into the pudding basin. Place the pudding basin in a large stockpot. Pour in enough water to the pot to come 3/4 of the way up the side of the pudding basin.
- 6Bring the water to the boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook the pudding for 2 to 3 hours. Check the water regularly to ensure it does not run dry.
- 7If making ahead, the pudding may be resteamed for 1 hour on the day of serving. I've generally found also that a cook ahead pudding can be sliced and individual serves warmed in the microwave.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Pudding- Gluten-Free
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 73.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: