Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Family recipe that has been used for generations. Originated in Ireland, came to Canada with my Grandma's grandparents.
- 907.18 g soft breadcrumbs
- 680.38 g ground kidney suet
- 226.79 g flour
- 8 eggs
- 907.18 g raisins
- 907.18 g currants
- 226.79 g mixed candied peel
- 946.0 ml milk
- 2 lemons
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml ground nutmeg
- 14.17 g ground cinnamon
- 226.79 g grated apple
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml golden brown sugar
- 14.79 ml butter
- 295.73 ml water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- Combine dry ingedients and mix well.
- Add all other ingredients, mix together very well.
- Wrap pudding in double layers of cheesecloth, tie and boil 6 hours.
- Alternate method: Pack pudding firmly into quart canning jars, process in boiling water approximately 6 hours.
- To re-heat place in double boiler for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or microwave at 50% for 5 - 8 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients, mix till lump-free.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Cook over medium/low heat, stirring constantly till thick.
- Serve pudding in small dessert dishes. drizzle sauce over top.