- 2 lbs self rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 lemon, rind & Juice
- to taste powdered sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 ounces whiskey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- to taste oil (for frying)
- 2 oranges, rind and juice
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and baking powder together.
- Beat eggs, sugar and milk together.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture.
- Add rinds and juices. Fold in apples, raisins and pecans.
- Heat oil in fry daddy or deep fryer. Drop batter by Tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels until cooled.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or make a glaze of powered sugar and milk and drizzle over cooled balls.