Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- remove prime rib from cooler 1 1/2 hours before cooking
- place prime rib fat side up on a roasting rack.
- season with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and garlic.
- insert meat thomemeter into center of prime rib.
- sear @450 for 16 minutes or 8 minute per side.
- reduce heat to 300 degrees.
- cook until internal tempereatue reaches 125 degrees or.
- 2 - 2/12 hours for rare or 18-20 min per pound.
- remove from oven.
- meat will continue cooking during resting phase.
- let stand 25 minuets before carving.
- serve with horseradish sauce.