Recipe by An_Net
For a healthy starter, try this prawn salad from the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet. Great for our warm Australian Christmas. Serves 8 as an entree. The prep time does not include marinating.
- 1⁄2 bunch flat leaf parsley (Italian)
- 1⁄2 bunch basil leaves
- 1 red chile, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 800 g green prawns, peeled and de-veined (shrimp)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes (punnet)
- 100 g green beans
- 16 asparagus spears, halved
- 100 g snow peas
- 100 g mixed salad greens
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and thinly sliced (pepper)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place parsley, basil, chilli and garlic with oil in a food processor and blend until lightly chopped. Transfer half the mixture to a mixing bowl. Add prawns and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Transfer remaining herb mixture to a shallow microwave-proof dish. Add tomatoes, beans, asparagus and snow peas and toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for three minutes, or until vegetables are just cooked. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer prawns to a baking tray and bake for ten minutes, or until cooked. Remove from oven and tip prawns and cooking juices into cooling vegetables. Add mixed greens and toss to combine.
- To serve, squeeze over lemon juice and season with pepper.