Recipe by Derf
This has been great fun gathering all the stuff, now I am patiently waiting "a few weeks", it should be ready for Christmas. I will place it in among the plants inside our front door entrance, hoping the scent will welcome visitors. Comes out of our local tourism magazine "Okanagan life".
- with berries
- 6 drops cinnamon oil
- 5 whole dried fresh rose petals
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches long)
- 2 cups red rosebuds
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon bark
- 10 drops rose extract
- 3 drops pine oil
- 1 tablespoon orrisroot chips (from most health food stores)
- 20 assorted pinecones, gold
- 1 cup bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the juniper, rosebuds, bay leaves, cinnamon chips, cloves and cones in a big ceramic bowl.
- In a separate dish, mix the oils with the orrisroot.
- Stir this mixture into the first and put into a closed container to mellow for a few weeks, stirring occasionally.
- Place potpourri in a dish and scatter the roses and cinnamon stick on top.