Prep 2 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
Well worth your time.
- 5 lbs boneless and rolled pork loin
- dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine, plus
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce, plus
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- parsley (optional)
- pineapple slice (optional)
- Rub the porkloin with just enough mustard to cover pork.
- Mix together the ½ cup each of soy sauce and sherry, garlic and ginger.
- Pour mixture over porkloin and marinate for at least 2 hours turning occasionally.
- Reserve marinade.
- Place the porkloin on a rack in a roasting pan and roast at 350 degrees for 2-2 ½ hours or until meat is cooked.
- Baste porkloin with the marinade while roasting.
- In a separate pan, combine the last 5 ingredients and stir in the remaining 2 tbsp each of sherry and soy sauce.
- Heat mixture for 1 minute.
- Cool slightly and spoon over porkloin.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Garnish with pineapple slices and parsley, if desired.