Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe my family has made at Christmas for years. The marshmallows are so nice and gooey inside the chocolate cookie.
- Place marshmallows in freezer while you mix the dough.
- Cream crisco, butter or margarine, and sugar.
- Blend in the eggs and the vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, mix until moistened.
- Mix until mixture holds together. Dough will be sticky. Flatten walnut size pieces in palm of hand. Remove the marshmallows from freezer, and place one in center.
- Shape dough around the marshmallow into a walnut shape, roll in white sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes or until tops start to crackle. Cool on baking rack and store in an airtight container.