Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Modern Mexican cookie is almost like a candy.
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cuo chopped semisweet chocolate morsel
- 7 ounces canned sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick cookie sheet, set aside.
- Toss the pecans in the melted butter to evenly coat.
- Spread the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Set aside to cool, then roughly chop.
- Place the chopped pecans and remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until moistened.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter for each cookie onto the lined cookie sheet and gently flatten to circles of about 2 1/4 inches in diameter. These cookies do not spread.
- Bake 10 mintes or until the coconut turns a very pale golden, being careful not to brown too much.
- Transfer to racks to cool.
Great taste but I couldn't get the darn things to stick together, in spite of the sticky sweetened condensed milk.