Christmas Pajas (Cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick cookie sheet, set aside.
- Toss the pecans in the melted butter to evenly coat.
- Spread the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Set aside to cool, then roughly chop.
- Place the chopped pecans and remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until moistened.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter for each cookie onto the lined cookie sheet and gently flatten to circles of about 2 1/4 inches in diameter. These cookies do not spread.
- Bake 10 mintes or until the coconut turns a very pale golden, being careful not to brown too much.
- Transfer to racks to cool.