Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cream cheese spread decorated to look like a Christmas package. Taken from Family Fun. Note cook time is refrigeration time.
- 226.79 g cream cheese (softened)
- 2.46 ml dried dill
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1-2 scallion
- 1 red bell pepper
- Mix the dried dill, garlic powder, and salt into the softened cream cheese.
- Pack the mixture into a rectangular container lined with plastic wrap (you can reuse the cream cheese box).
- Refrigerate it for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving time, set the unwrapped block of cheese on a platter and decorate it with a scallion bow and red pepper polka dots (or small squares) and give tag made from cut red pepper.
- Note: Final product is to look like a rectangular package, complete with green "ribbon" and red polka dotted paper, with red gift tag.
- Serve with choice of crackers or veggies.
My grandkids and I had a lot of fun making this for our Christmas Eve dinner. I used the piminto out of a jar of green olives in place of the red pepper and minced up some of the green onion in with the cream cheese. Festive and tasty..thanks for sharing!
I made this more for the look and not the taste, so I was presently surprised when it got rave reviews in that department. thanks so much for posting!
I saw this recipe and was sooo excited to make it. Not only was it a great conversation piece but it was super yummy. I am glad I was able to take a picture before it got eaten!! Thanks for sharing Jonesies!!