Prep 1 hr
Cook 48 hrs
A fun dough to make with the kids or a craft to do for Christmas.
- In saucepan mix baking soda and cornstarch together blending well.
- Add cold water and mix well until mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute until it has the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Spoon out onto a plate, cover with a damp cloth and allow to cool.
- Knead dough and roll out on wax paper.
- Cut out designs with cookie cutter or shape by hand.
- Poke small hole in top with straw so it can be hung.
- Let dry until hard, 1-2 days.
- Paint ornament with Tempra or water colors.
- Let dry and coat with clear shellac.