Recipe by Johnney
A delightfull frozen dessert for Christmas.
Top Review by Jessica K
thought i reviewed these but didn't!! this was very good and refreshing. ate on christmas eve, just the thing after big meal. some actually thought it could act as a palate cleanser, also. made half with liqour then ran out, so made another half with ice wine. those were very good, liked better than the liqour, oh and forgot the cinnamon on ice wine bunch, but didn't miss it! thanks for good and light dessert!
- 8 large oranges
- 1 quart French vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a very thin slice from the base of each orange so that it will stand upright, Not to cut into pulp.
- Cut off upper third of each orange and scoop out orange pulp.
- Remove membraines from pulp.
- Combine orange pulp with ice cream and Grand Marnier.
- Fill each orange shell with mixture and freeze.
- Before serving sprinkle with cinnamon and garnish each with a sprig of mint.
- Serve and enjoy.