Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This snack is standard issue at our house during the holidays. As a matter of fact, I make 2 turkey roasters of this, it's great for taking along to all the holiday parties. Go ahead and make it now. Store in a covered tin in a cool place, and yes, you can freeze it. Just reheat in a warm oven.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (10 ounce) box Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 10 ounces shreddies cereal
- 1 large pretzel stick
- 8 ounces Bugles original flavor snacks
- 5 cups original Ritz Bits miniature crackers
- 4 cups salted nuts or 4 cups peanuts
- In a large glass bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Stir in the worcestershire and all the spices, whisk until well blended.
- Pour the snack ingredients into a large turkey roaster, pour the sauce over top.
- Mix well, bake uncovered at 225 degrees for one hour, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Store in tins, makes a great hostess gift.
This is delicious. My mom used to make it at Xmas, but I never did get the recipe so I was happy to discover this. I made it according to the instructions except omitted the bugles and increased the other ingredients to make up for it. I've been snacking on it every night. I figure it's reasonably nutritional because of all the fibre from the cereal. Thanks for posting.
This is a great party mix and like others said makes a ton which is great if you have a huge family like we do. The second time I made this I was trying to use up all of my leftover cereals and crackers and instead of using 4 cups of peanuts I used what I had left on hand which was sesame sticks and bagel chips to make the 4 cups, it was just as good. The sauce is just right with any combination of ingredients you want to use. This is definitely a keeper and a must try. Thanks for sharing Dee my friends and family are still raving about it
Not just for Christmas, we are enjoying this and will continue to enjoy it probably until Christmas. It makes a ton! I thought it's a bit too salty. I may use 1/2 salted and 1/2 unsalted butter and maybe 2 t. garlic powder and only 1 t. garlic salt. Very good though and was enjoyed by my party guests. My daughter enjoys building with it and then eating her creations. Fun, fun.