Recipe by TALIA #3
After pulling these muffins hot out of the oven, your family and friends will know that Christmas is near. A less heavy version of the wholemeal Christmas muffins, these muffins welcome in the holiday season. Also, these muffins are a holiday option for those who don't like fruit cake, and can also be made vegan if you substitute soy milk for regular milk. Note: This recipe has not been taste tested yet, so please leave your comments.
- 1 1⁄2 cups glace cherries
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter (or any other oil)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wet ingredients (not cherries).
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, and carefully add glace cherries.
- Place mixture in muffin trays.
- Cook in an oven preheated to 375F, for 15 minutes. (Note: may be more or less cooking time, depending on your oven.).